The Vancouver Police Historical Society is a non-profit organization and registered charity, established in 1983. The society’s original mandate was to foster interest in the history of the Vancouver Police department and to create and maintain a museum depicting this history. In 1986, the year of Vancouver’s Centennial celebrations, the Vancouver Police Centennial Museum opened its doors to the public. The museum is located in the former Coroner’s Court on the second floor of 240 E. Cordova Street. Built in 1932, our building, a municipally-designated heritage structure, once housed both the Coroner’s Court and the City Analyst’s Laboratory. The Vancouver Police Museum now finds its home on the top floor and encompasses the original Coroner’s Courtroom, offices, morgue and autopsy facilities. The main floor and basement were once home to a forensics lab and related facilities.
240 Cordova Street, Vancouver, V6A1L3